Estate planning is an integral part of the comprehensive advisory services we offer to our clients.
The personal, commercial, legal and taxation planning and structuring of company succession is vital whenever a changeover from one generation to another is imminent. We can offer advice with regard to company succession planning, in particular in cases of family-owned companies where the continued existence and future success of the company are of paramount importance.
In addition, we also offer advisory services for private estate planning, including the drawing up of wills and contracts of inheritance, the settlement of cases involving obligatory portion of an inheritance, etc. In this context tax optimisation by way of advance inheritance settlements also plays a significant role. It is our declared aim to prevent future conflicts by providing high-quality advice ex ante. However, where a conflict between heirs arises, we can offer expert advice and, if needed, enforce claims before the courts.
We advise and represent our clients in the following areas, among others:
- Drawing up and review of last wills and testaments as well as contracts of inheritance, in the case of individuals, spouses, civil partnerships and entrepreneurs
- Analysis and preparation of provisions relating to succession in corporate agreements
- Development of precautionary plans, most notably:
- Precautionary powers of attorney
- Living wills (advance directives)
- Contractual structure and assumption of estate management
- Advice and assistance with regard to all issues arising in case of succession, in particular:
- Liaising with probate courts and other authorities
- Filing of inheritance tax returns
- Corrections to land register entries
- Drafting of agreements for the distribution of an estate among heirs
- Settlement of (additional) claims to an obligatory portion of an inheritance
- Administration and execution of wills
- Drawing up of contract regarding and assumption of asset and wealth management